Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Update Failed (Memory Allocation Failed.)" Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadibitz

MIS
Mar 18, 2009
US
Update Failed (Memory Allocation Failed.)"

Interesting error, and one that seems to have no documentation anywhere.

The Symptoms:

1. The PC reports a nondescript update failure error, saying that the connection to the server failed.

2. The contention that the connection to the server failed seems incorrect because a packet trace reveals that there is a TCP session setup between the server (port 4158) and PC (port 3321), communication during the session, and a teardown of the session (FIN, FIN-ACK, ACK).

3. The actual "Update failed (Memory allocation failed.)" error shows up in the Admin Console in the status window.

Additional info:

1. All stations were installed with the client software by means of the "ADMIN CONSOLE: Tools > Install AVG on stations..." menu item, which worked perfectly each time.

2. All firewalls on client stations are down.

3. One of the clients is installed on the server itself and also fails the update.

4. Client stations can synchronize settings with the server without issue.

5. No RESETs or TIME OUTs were evident in the packet trace.

Any clues?

My admin server primary partition ran out of space due to the size of the auto database backups (mine "AutoDatabaseBackup" folder under the all users profile. I had to move them to another partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back