Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Unknown Hard Error" WinNT4 I need you guys again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etogo

Technical User
May 29, 2002
CA
Here's my problem:
We have 4 servers hooked to a switch box (so that we only have to use 1 monitor and 1 mouse for all 4). One of the servers crashed and gave us this error:
"Stop: L00021a Unknown Hard error"
"Unknown Hard error"
"Begining dump of physical memory"

Then, when you'd try to go on one of the other servers the mouse was frozen and could not be used. Once we rebooted the server that crashed, the mouse could be used on the other servers.

Now I know im not being very descriptive here but you guys have been so helpfull so far i was hoping if somebody had any ideas on what the problem could be. The server that crashed is running NT4.

Well, any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks everybody!

I've never had much luck with switch boxes - is it powered or is it a non-powered switch box?

I've gotten the supposed best of switch boxes - Belkin - and the thing crapped out on me. It froze my BDC, and locked up the mail and proxy - even after I plugged a set in directly. My advice would be to test each machien with an indiviual mouse and keyboard for now, and test the switch...

The switch we have right now is a Belkin Omniview 4 port ps/2 and it's powered. We've never really had any problems with it. We find it usefull cause it would a hassle to have a monitor, mouse and keyboard for each server.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back