Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"UNKNOWN FLASH TYPE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpv

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2001
US
I have a Packard Bell that had a password to boot up. In order to remove that function I removed the Motherboard battery. I did not notice the jumper to reset the BIOS. Now when I get in to setup, the system no longer recognizes any of the drives and I get an error "Unknown flash type, Disk boot failure". Do I need to load the BIOS again? and if so does anyone know where I can download Award Bios v 4.51PG I have looked on Awards home site and found no downloads. Please help!

I presume you must have gone into the bios setup and loaded either default settings or optimised default settings?? Martin Just trying to help, sometimes falling short, I am only human after all.

Some more info on what model would be more helpfull. As paparazi said I reckon you will need to enter the BIOS set up to reconfigure it PBells are not my favourite, needs to be right in BIOS or won`t boot. Try Delete or ESC key when your first screen comes up. That should let you in to configure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back