Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Unable to Connect" on Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysidora

Programmer
May 9, 2005
US
When I ran a report from Designer, I am able to get results.

When I try to schedule my report from Info Desktop, I get the error: "SetTestConnectivity : Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters."

It's obvious I could not connect to the database. Where do I check the parameters used by the Scheduler?

NEED HELP ASAP.

Thanks.
Remy

It's been sooooo long since I used SI, but I think that there's a database tab in there that needs to be set for each report.

-k

Thank you for your reply. I thought no one would.

It's actually the ODBC connection set up of my database. The one in the server where the Scheduler is picking it up is not set up the same way as the one in my PC.

They need to be pointing at the same database.

Open the report in Crystal on the server and select Database->Set Database Location and point to the other ODBC setting.

Or you can create the same ODBC setting on the server.

-k

Thank you. It's working now. We changed the set up of the ODBC connection in the Server.

Good day.
Remy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back