Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Trying to change the data at the same time" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

morristk

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2004
I have an Access 03 small simple dataabse that whenever I try to run a query or do a filter in the table says:

"The Jet engine databased stopped b/c the process you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time."

I had the db on a network drive but then made a copy to my hardrive (not a shortcut but a full copy) and tried to use that one and I'm getting the same error message.

I also tried to compact and repair but it gets stuck and stalls half way through.

????

I found this about that message. The usual recommendation is "Compact" the database.

If you can open the table, look for rows with #### in the fields. That's probably a row that Access can't read correctly. Try deleting the row and then doing the compact.

Also, I found that in tables where the #### showed in the fields, that the primary keys on the tables could be lost. I would check the design view of a table after deleted the #### row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back