Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Time of last full backup" & Arcserve 11 backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhoul

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2002
AU
Location: Mailbox Store, Database TAB - Does this only get set when you use the Backup utility of Windows or should Brighstor Arcserve 11 with Exchange 2003 agent set this when I backup the Private Information Store?

If I backup the Private Information Store using the Arcsrrve Agent does this mean I can restore the DB using this backup and no need for log files? Or should I be backup up the log files as well?

Should I use circular logging? I have ended up with about 600 MB of log files.

Thanks,

Mark

When u take backup exchange using ArcServ backup 11, information store will be backed up, and all committed logs will be removed.
transactions logs will be used because, if the database is corrupted and need to restore from last backup, and exchange will use transaction logs to restore from the point of backup time to last time the transaction happenned.

So when u take a online backup, committed transaction logs deleted, and are not use full any more.

Microsoft recomments disabling circular logging..
Logfiles folder will be emptied after taking online backup, so no problems with size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back