Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"This resource is not valid" error running exe with run cmd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfr10000

Programmer
May 22, 2006
DO
In an effort to run a process triggered by the timer without interfering with a currently running process, I have created an exe with foxpro with only the code I want to run when the timer starts a process. I use the timer to run this process with the "RUN" command. This seems to work great when I am running the main process code uncompiled and the timer triggered process is compiled and running in an exe. However when I compile the main process and the timer tries to run the timer triggered process, I get a message that says "This resource is not valid, do you want to replace it with an empty respource ?". I doesnt matter how I answer the question, the exe doesnt run.

That message sounds like the one you see when the resource files (that is FOXUSER.*) are corrupted. Does the message actually refer to a "resource file"?

If so, it has nothing to do with timers. You just need to delete all your FOXUSER.* files. If that doesn't do the trick, try setting RESOURCE off then deleting the files again.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back