Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"There is no object in this control" and "Automation Error".

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruthcali

Programmer
Apr 27, 2000
US
i am using Access97 in a Novell environment.<br><br>The database i created works fine for me and my colleague. but when my boss (!) opens a form, first, he gets a message &quot;There is no object in this control&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;By clicking OK he can get to the form. <br><br>But, once in the form, any button he clicks (combo box, list box, command buttons, etc) produes the following error:<br><br>The expression On Click (or whatever the event is) you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Automation error.<br>*The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function or [Event Procedure].<br>*There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro.<br><br>I do have a Calendar control in the form. could that be messing things up?&nbsp;&nbsp;but, it works on my machine.&nbsp;&nbsp;why not his?<br><br>i went into a code module and clicked on 'tools' 'references' and checked my boss's settings and my settings, and we both have the same items checked.<br><br>what a mystery!!! please help. my boss went back to using an Excel spreadsheet instead of my lovely database because of this.

Yes that’s exactly the Problem.<br>Your Calendar control is not he same as your bosses. Or he does not have one at all on his machine.<br>The way to find out is create a new form on you boss’s computer and try to add the calendar.<br>If its there great then you will have to use his on his PC and your's on your PC every time you make a change to that form you may have to re-sync the Calendar control.<br>But and I suspect this is more likely the culprit. The Boss’s computer does not have the calendar .DLL at all.&nbsp;&nbsp;In which case you have to copy it to his PC and register it in his registry.<br>I‘m not sure if this is the file but “MSCAL.OCX” is on my PC. But I have Access ’97 and Access 2000 both loaded.<br>Depending on what operating system you have. I have Windows 2000 Pro.<br>Run this command at Start, Run menu<br>RegSvr32.Exe c:\Winnt\system32\xxxxxxxx.dll<br><br>c:\Winnt\system32 = The System32 folder on your boss's PC<br>Or<br>You can call Microsoft if you have LEGAL copies of Access 1-425-635-7050<br>They will help you install the calendar control too. &lt;&lt;&lt;Best solution<br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back