Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"The requested API isn't supported on the remote server"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtlodi

Programmer
Mar 8, 2002
US
I've just installed a LNE100TX version 5 card in my Win98se machine. My network consists of 3 machines - an XP-home machine, a XP-Pro machine, and this Win98 machine. On both XP machines I can see all the machines on the network. I can move files in and out like you would expect. On the Win98 machine I can see the other 2 XP machines. I can see the files on the XP-home machine and can copy them back and forth. .... However, even though Network-Neighborhood shows the XP-Pro machine, I can't see the files on it. I get the following error when trying to access the XP-pro machine: "the requested API isn't supported on the remote server"......

I am able to ping the XP-Pro machine from the Win98 machine OK. I have disabled the Windows Firewall on the XP-Pro machine but I still get that error.

Other than different versions of XP (home and Pro) the only difference is that the XP-home machine has not been upgraded with Microsofts latest patch SP2 ... while the XP-Pro machine has. Has anyone seen this error before and if so might you have any suggestion as how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back