Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Temporary" Toll Restriction on one extension TDA-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelunchpail

Technical User
Jul 20, 2003
CA
On a TDA-100 What is the best way to set a temporary toll restriction on one set in a Hotel/motel environment. Up till now the manager has been locking the set for customers that do not leave a credit card imprint on check in. but with this method the tennant cannot make local calls.

Thanks
joelunchpail

are you not able to take the extension in and out of service
from the console?

you would have to have user access to class of service settings .And your vendor would have to create a class of service that only allows only local calls. and then the vendor would have to show you how to change the rooms cos number in user programing .all that .if you use a tapi
hotel motel package you can call deny with the software.

*78 2 or 3 + (extn) locks and unlocks the whole set.
what is this(Restriction Level Controll)(62) Toll restriction/call barring level(1-7) all about.
showing the hotel desk clerk how to change the class of service on a station port seems a little complicated just to stop unauthorised LD calls. surely there is a better way.

Joelunchpail

well then you may consider a property managment system
that interacts with the phonesystem !

When they bought the system they opted to not spend the extra $1000.00 .
I changed the call blocking class of service to cos5 and added a restriction table restricting everything in cos 5 , with all the local office codes in the exception table, which seems to work well.

thanks
jo

I dont think what i did had anything to do with what your advice was. Call blocking does change the cos on a temporary basis *78-3+ext (lock) and *78-3 + extn (UNlock) , by default it is 7. I just had to build one to suit and assign it to the (TRS Level on extension lock)now the extension lock only blocks LD an charged calls.

sorry

so you saying you toll resriction was not set up properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back