Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"/temp/ib_sort_b00120"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHDH

Programmer
Feb 13, 2007
MR
plz i find this error message when i try to open a delphi(delphi 5 prof) form that display a data from an interbase table via a an ibquery that select from the table(interbase 6.5) .
my data base is on a server and the application on a client machine.
the message:
I/O error for file "/temp/ib_sort_b00120"
error while trying to write to file
le peripherique ne reconnait pas la commande(in english mean: the device does not recognize the command)
plz i wait your help.
thank u in advance.

It looks like someone has hard-coded a path into the database or the database query, so when that file or path is missing it complains. The path can be in the table, in the query, or in the db component.

I don't know much about DB stuff, but I figured that I could at least bump this for you... heh

Good luck!

I think this error is actually being raised because the Active property if the Query object is set to TRUE. When FALSE, even if file path is wrong, it would/should not raise this error. As a rule, I always set Active to false before closing db projects in the IDE.

Roo
Delphi Rules!

tank you all for your replies.
i found that the problem is an interbase problem,relating to the disk space forr tem files.
when the interbase installed a directory colled tem is installed and used to create a temporary files for indices and when this file being full the interbase give this message, the soulution is simply to free a space on this directory by deleting some files like the one i mentioned on the original message.

Glad you found your problem. But I'm curious as it relates to the Delphi IDE. Was the Active propery of the query set to "true"?

Roo
Delphi Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back