Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Stealth" Subreport Didn't Work - What Am I Doing Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5timesnc

Programmer
Feb 21, 2002
US
Thanks again for the Tip,

I tried your tip listed in news0111.html, but I still have the same problem. My main report contains four groups and a subreport in the detail section. All sections of the subreport are suppressed except RFb, which contains three formulas and are individually suppressed, an initialize routine, and 2 calculation routines, and use the EvaluateAfter clause to ensure the proper sequence of exection (?). In the main report I went to the detail section (there is only one at this point) right click on the section and check to underlay box. When I execute the program however, I still get a space on the report for each row read in the subreport. All I need is the totals from the subreport, which are printed in GF4, and are correct. I had to do a subreport because of the table relationships. The only problem is the spacing on the report. What part am
I not getting? Do I need some sort of formula? Please!!

I don't use the "Underlay" technique...but let me ask you this..

You are displaying the subreport in the mail report detail section...am I correct?

Is your spacing problem occuring when no values are returned?? So then you have a blank detail section...have I got it correct?

What you can to to "Minimize" the problem (it will never go away completely) is to make your subreport as thin as possible (you can use Object size and position to make it really thin)...then tighten the detail line borders around it.

Make sure the subreport field in the main report is set to "Can Grow" and I would go to the Border/Background and set the background to RED and put this formula in the conditional background color:

if 1 = 1 then crNoColor else crRed

this will render the background red in design (so you can find the subreport months later) but white in preview mode)

Set the RFb to be "Suppress Blank Section" in the subreport.

You will always get a pencil thin white line this way but if there is data from the subreport it will grow to normal size.

For me...it is the best I can do. Jim Broadbent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back