Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Status Request - Spam detected" emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgemp

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2010
GB
Hi there,
Recently discovered a problem on my Exchange servers running 2003 Standard.

I've been tweaking the spam settings after a user reported some lost email which was sent to a slgihtly incorrect email address. So, set it up for all nonexistent recipient mail to be delivered to a spam collecting inbox (along with other mail tagged as spam).

What I've discovered is a constant stream of email from one exchange server to the other.
From: Public Folder Store (server1), Subject: Server2-IS@domain.co.uk - Status Request - Spam detected.

Each email has a winmail.dat att.

There are literally thousands of these getting dumped in my spam store each day. Presume they have been generated for a while and I've only just picked them up since i started collecting mail with incorrect or no recipient.

Anyone help me identify where they're being generated and how to trun them off?
For the record, using GFI Mail Essentials for spam management, but that's just hoe the mail is endinig up in this mailbox rather than going nowhere as before.

TIA
George.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back