Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Specify Retrieval Argument" Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvin2010

Programmer
Mar 5, 2010
PH
Hi.

I was able to create a Nested or Composite report that has retrieval arguments in it.

Say, dw_base is the main datawindow and d_report is the nested report, the one that is placed in dw_base.

When I do check on the d_report to see if what I specified as Retrieval Arguments works there, by executing retrieve and placing a value for the retrieval argument, it will retrieve records having the criteria I asked of. Then when I try to run the program, of course it will ask me to save the changes I made while still on the data preview, meaning I can still see the retrieved records, so I will say yes.
Then when the program runs, the base datawindow, dw_base correctly retrieves what I specified in the Retrieval Argument but not the subreport d_report. It will always show the retrieved records I saw right before saving it.

So I went back to the d_report, tried the retrieve again and it works now this time, I deleted all the retrieved rows then saved.

Then run again the program. Now the dw_base still retrieves correctly against the specified retrieval argument but this time the subreport d_report now shows the Specify Retrieval Argument box wherein I need to input the data I am looking for then only then the d_report will work correctly. Everytime I try to look for a new data, it will pop up then if it finds a match, it will correctly display it in the datawindow.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there something I missed?

Thanks in advance. By the way, I am using PB 9.0.

In the d_report dataobject insert a blank row in the data section and save it. Now try to run the program. I hope this time Retrieve should not come.

Hey vipinhcl!

Thanks for answering. I'll try it at home. I'll get back to you soon.

Good day.

@vipinhcl

Hi.

Sorry for the late reply...

Able to try your suggestion. IT is now working fine.

Many thanks! Appreciate it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back