Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"setup cannot find the end user licience agreement (eula)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

loacadmin

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2001
AU
Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 2000 Pro on a computer. It runs all 4 floppy disks then asks for the CD, then comes up with the error "setup cannot find the end user licience agreement (eula)". I know the EULA is on the CD but still the error. And it doesn't let me go any further except to reboot the computer.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Is this a coppied CD? James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

How was this backup made? Did you do a disk to disk copy or did you do a copy to hard drive then make a copy from that? James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Thats the issue! When you copy a CD to the hard drive then recopy it onto a CD you loose the CD name. What is happening is when you install Win2K and you get to the EULA the system is looking for the Win2k CD. It cannot find it because it is looking for the CD name. What you need to do is do a CD to CD sopy OR when you put the CD onto the HDD you need to do it AS a CD image. Your CD will not work. You will need to use another. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

Thanks, I'm in the process of trying to get an original now.

Hey no problem. I am sorry to be the berrer of bad news like that. Other than that I am glad to help. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back