Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Send to..." and "Open with..." does not launch pub app

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostexchange

Technical User
Jun 6, 2002
GB
Environment:
Windows 2000 Sp3
Citrix Metaframe Xpe FR3
Clients on Win Xp
Published applications:
Office Xp
Adobe
Winzip
Project
Visio

---------

Problem:
Users in local windows explorer cannot right click a file and select "Send to - Mail recipient". Nothing happens. It does not lauch my published Outlook. I have content redirection enabled.

I have published office. If I am in my published word I can sent to my published outlook and Outlook launches. But if I am outside the citrix environment I cannot call published apps from "open with.." or "send to"

Have you ever noticed this? If so have you ever found a way round.

Cheers

So, you are trying to lauch a published Outlook from the local desktop "send to"? You can not use the built in "Mail Recipient" choice. That is for the local configured mail setup.
What you could do is have a published desktop, map the local drives, then with the send to option it will run on the server and run the server Outlook.
See, the local PC has no clue that you want to use the Server Outlook.
Also, why use metaframe to send local files through email? Don't they have a local email setup? This will lead to user confusion, in my opinion.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Hi,

We have a very locked down client environment. The users in remote sites have all applications published. There is no mail client installed. Not even outlook express. I would like to publish the desktop but its not company policy.
I just find it odd that explorer on the client can launch word on Citrix using content redirection but Mailto cannot be edited to launch pubilshed Outlook in the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back