Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Send As" permissions do NOT show up as an option on security tab for any object in ADUC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbjelke

Technical User
Jun 14, 2012
US
I need to add "send as" permissions for a blackberry admin user and when I enable advanced view in ADUC, I do not have any option of "send as" among the rights assignable on any object in active directory domain. Have tried the ADUC from Exchange and from just a DC not running exchange. Help! - John

In Exchange 2003 (depending on your SP level) you would need to assign that right in both the AD account and the Exchange mailbox for it to be effective.

For the Exchange side that can be done in the ESM. For the AD side you were almost there. Just need to go to the Security tab, then add the account you want to give the ability to send as this person and choose Send As (usually near the botton of the selectable options).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back