Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Security rights to run Remote Tools on this client have been denied." 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbieGirl

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2002
CA
When I try to use the remote.exe to connect to an SMS client using the IP address, I get the following error message:

"Security rights to run Remote Tools on this client have been denied."

I have to use the remote.exe because the actual computer does not show up in collections. On this computer with the error message, all the components have been installed correctly and the site can be updated.

An exact system build runs fine at the same location (it also shows up in the collections and remote tools run fine). The computers were installed the same day and I am not sure why one shows and the other does not and why I am getting the error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Check to see if the account you logged in have the Local Admin rights. If not add it in local admin group.

Thanks, Rod.

The articles you made reference to helped me solve the problem.

For others that may have this problem in the future, my solution was:

1. Go to Systems Management in control panel and repair installation of remote control.
2. Update site.
3. Use the command line tool for the first connection, but use choice 2 (eg remote.exe 2 <ip> /SMS:NOSQL)
4. Use GUI remote.exe or command line and it should work fine.

When this method did not work, I reloaded the SP4 client installation method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back