Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Search" -function can't find crawled content..? SPPS2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisisntworking

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
FI
Hello.

The problem is as the subject says, I've added a "non portal content source", a fileshare-folder, located in a one of our servers, ( \\server\somefolder\filesharefolder\ )but search -function doesn't display contents of that folder (or subfolders)?? I've specified a proper crawling account with administrator rights to that server, and according to "gatherer log", looks like the crawling process (full update etc.) itself works fine, without any major errors. But I just can't see those files in search results...any ideas for this??

I also have some other non-portal content sources, including 1 and a filesharing folder, which is located in a server that is running spps2003, but these work fine, and contents can be found when using "search" function.

So, if You have any ideas or help suggestions about this, I would really appreciate that. Thanks :)

Hello,

Does the useraccount that is executing the search on the Portal also have atleast read-rights to the files server and all the shares? Only search results that a user (useraccount) have atleast read access to will be displayed.

I've missed that once and before I actually thought of that I spent quite sometime trying to figure it out, so that is why I thought I'd mention it here :)

Regards,
Thomas

yes it has, I've tried it with several accounts, also tried to use it with crawling account of that server, at least that should work (?) but still, no results. But as you said this may have something to do with those rights.. i also have another problem.. how can i change the language of my sharepoint site? I can create sites into my portal with my own language, but the main site is english and i don't know how to change it..?

Dont know why, but now it (searching) works :) Still need help with that language issue..

Hello,

Unfortunately you can't change the language of your portal site, it will default to whatever language you installed from the beginning. The Portal does not have any language packs like Windows SharePoint Services does. And the portal only supports one language per "physcial" installation. So in order to have the portal in your own language you will have to install the portal server with a media in that language.

Regards,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back