Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Save picture as.." always uses "untitled.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

wslove

Technical User
Jun 27, 2002
US
I'm running IE6 on XP Pro, and everytime I right click on a picture and do the "Save picture as..." dialog, it always defaults to "untitled.bmp" no matter it it's a .bmp, .jpg, or .gif. I've looked through all the settings and didn't see anything that would indicate to do that. I've also uninstalled IE6 and reinstalled and had the same thing happen as well as uninstalled/reinstalled all graphic programs. This happens regardless if it's a commercial site, or a friend's site that I know isn't copy protected. As for contacting Microsoft, good luck getting through their endless red tape of a support program. Any clue of some setting elsewhere that may be causing this?

I had that problem too, but I got it to stop by simply reinstalling IE6. I'm running Windows 98, so that might not help you, but it would be worth a try. Certainly better than trudging through Microsoft's so called "technical support."

I have IE6 on XPpro too. But my problem is I can only save image to .art format... What to do?

[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back