Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Save As" dialogue is missing "favorites" option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo2112

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2002
GB
Hi All,

Maybe I am going daft here, but, before IT rebuilt my PC I was sure I could pull up my list of `Favorites` in the left hand part of the dialogue when saving files in apps. like Excel and Word. This option has disappeared now and I can't see how to reinstate it. All I get now is:

My Recent Docs
Desktop
My Docs
My Computer
My Network Places

It saved so much time navigating to where I want to put files. So...

* Am I going mad? Was it ever there?
* If not going mad how do I reinstate the function and how could it have been removed in the first place?

Thanks

Jimbo

Try clicking on Tools ->Customize ->Customize Toolbars/Menus. On the Toolbars page, click the name of the Menu Bar then click the Reset button & OK. If that doesn't work, go back to the same place, but on the Commands page locate the 'Save As' command in the File category & drag it to the File Menu on the Menu Bar toolbar & into position on the menu.

Hope this helps! Bob

Organize quick file access by using the My Places bar

282087 - HOW TO: Customize the My Places Bar in the "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes

How can I edit the default Places bar quick links in Windows XP's and Windows 2000's Open and Save common dialog boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back