Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Save as New" message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpyone60

Technical User
May 31, 2005
US
Has anyone seen how to "save as new" a message in a mailbox. It was a feature in our previous voice mail and some of my users are asking if this CP has this capability.

I have not seen any options for this, but wondered if anyone has found it.

grumpy-

I checked the reference guide and Save as New doesn't appear to be an option on the callpilot.

I know many systems will save the message as new if you don't listen to it in its entirety.

Thanks, I could not find anything in the docs either.....
CP will leave it marked as new if you do not listen to it all, but they want to mark it after they listen to it for some reason, but that will not work in this system.

This might be a workaround -
Forward the message to their own mailbox by dialing 73.
I will often use this for messages I want to deal with later. The system will prompt you to record a message to prefix the forwarded message but you don't have to record anything. You DO have to remember to press 79 to send it though.
Added bonus - you can tag the message for timed delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back