Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Record is Deleted" msg displayed & Select Query Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

irt

Technical User
Nov 11, 2001
US

While doing a select query on a large database table I share with 2 others in an Access 2000 environment, I got a "Record is Deleted" message, and the query stopped. I searched the table and found a record at a specific location with the word "deleted" in every field. It looks like attempting to query past this record caused the msg to be displayed and the query to "crash". What is strange is that when I tried a little experiment by creating a simple table and deleting one of its rows, the row simply disappeared as one would expect, without every field being replaced by the word "Deleted". Any idea why Access behaves one way under the simple circumstances I created and this other way in our database? I would be grateful for any information I could get on this. Thank you very much.

The record may be related to another and canot be deleted until that other record is deleted.

Try doing a compact and repair and then you will be able to get rid of the deleted entry. I don't know why this happens but this will get you out of it. Zorro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back