Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"ran with errors" AutoTask still a problem, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcse924

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
My AutoUpdate Pull from Mcafee (HTTP and FTP) was working great for awhile, but now does not. For whatever reason the task logs show "ran with errors" for every scheduled pull. I have stopped/restarted the framework service, flushed DNs and IE cache, deleted the last DAT/engine files, manually pulled the new files, BUT then the next autoupdate runs "with errors".

This is driving me nuts! Anyone know how to fix???

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

I kept having this with one of my three repositories and it was because it had run out of disk space.

1) No it does not "say". Only "ran with errors".

2) There is PLENTY of disk space available (over 10GB).

I opened a case with Mcafee, they sent me the MER tool, which scours the EPO box and creates a giant (over 3mb) diagnostic summary file of the EPO system. I have sent it back to Mcafee. Guess I'll have to wait another week to hear anything!!!

That error shows up IF:

1. You have an invalid or unreachable distributed repository
2. there was a timeout error during the download

BTW, are you using the FTP or the HTTP site?

AVChap

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once.
I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work,
I will find the way that will work.”
--Thomas Edison

To AVChap

You dont need a distributed repository in epo 3

i have configured the source repository to download
from NAIHTTP as source rep, & NAIFTP as Fallback Rep.

Then my master repository is offcourse the eposerver

i works fine to distribute to the clients without a
"Distributed Repository"

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS mcse924, it used to work in epo with the replication but now the tasks' fails, i

I resolved the problem by restarting the server,
its because there is a task hanging... :eek:(

huge bug, i hope that nai soon will develop a fix for this because this is enoing that you have to check the eposerver if the tasks are running perfect everyday

Did I say you had a distributed repository? I seem to remember that I said this happens IF ...

Now apparently, there was an error during the pull task as it hanged (probably timeout error :)) so I was still on the mark.

AVChap

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once.
I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work,
I will find the way that will work.”
--Thomas Edison

Dudes,

The distributed repostory point is MOOT!!! I have removed replication tasks to distributed repositories, and I still get the "completed with errors" message.

I have done everything I could think of, short of re-building the EPO server from scratch. I have re-created tasks, deleted previous DAT/engine files, flushed the IE cache, ran the flushDNS command, stop/restarted framework, etc. BUT, I cannot do this all the time, for every update, that defeats the point of having an EPO solution.

AVCHAP, I cannot disagree with your theory of something timing out, but what kils me is that this was working fine for us for close to a year!! Network-wise nothing has really changed on MY end!! For what it's worth I favor FTP over HTTP, but have used both successfully, and with this issue, same errors!!

UPDATE: From NAI article# NAI34816

Solution 1:
Edit the SITEMGR.INI file (located in the '..\Program Files\Network Associates\ePO\3.0.1\DB' directory) and change 'Status' to "0".

I noticed my value gets "stuck" on 5. I have to manually change this. I have a feeling this maybe where my problem resides. What do you think?

Just in case you're interested, I was having this exact same problem. I use a Proxy address for HTTP and FTP. EPO was set to use Internet Explorer for the Proxy information and was trying to connect to NAIFtp.

I tried all as recc'd on NAI 31885, and others. What seems to have worked for me is Manually configuring the Proxy Information within the EPO and modifying the Pull task so that it downloads from the NAIHTTP site.

Any else with this problem finds that this works?

[morning]

Is there a way to expand on the 'Ran with Errors' status? It doesn't really tell me anything about why it is happening.

I have read through this post and have checked the sittemgr.ini and also have my settings as princeps.

When trying to pull manually it wouldn't work initially but found then that after adding to the list of trusted sites (EPO is sitting on a clean W2K3 server) it ran reporting that there were no changes or updates or something along those lines so wondered if that could generate the ran with errors status i.e. there isn't anything wrong just no new files to download?

I had to manually add the proxy settings and hey presto it worked, You would think that use Internet explorer settings would work?

I'm not using the IE settings as I also read elsewhere that the problem can be resolved by adding the proxy settings in manually into EPO.

This is sending me nuts, it is happening on another EPO server we have so I assuming the problem is common between the two servers i.e. either the connection or the firewall. What I'm not sure of is why it works fine when a run a pull manually?

So far nothing from Network Associates on this problem other than the KB article that doesn't suggest or solve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back