Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"quiet" mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

roeiboot

Technical User
Feb 10, 2002
US
oi~

i used Radmin for a while but it will expire in a few days.. anyway i can connect using the Remote Desktop Connection from XP Pro (using the pc's ip, pc name doesn't work but that's ok), does RDC have some sort of 'quiet' mode so users don't see i'm "looking in" ?

don't worry, my users know that i/we monitor them sometimes, i just prefer them not knowing at what moment i am or am not :}

thanks in advance..

On a Windows XP machine and by RDC ... in short ... No. If they were logging into a terminal server you could shadow their session quietly. But other than that ... no.

Chris Clancy, EnCE
Miles Technologies

You could look at something like dameware.

Its not free but its licensed per admin and not pere client PC like most of them.

That has silent mode, veiw only, lock keyboard and all the rest or you can have a pop up saying you've logged on or even have it so log on must be approved.

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back