Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"pretty" Touchscreen Door Intercom Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRB45

Programmer
Oct 5, 2005
US
A client wants to add a Door Intercom unit to their office and asked for a recommendation. We recommended the Viking AES-2000 (picture below) Series unit as it has the LCD display. They want to have customers select from a list of departments/ users that is preconfigured in the unit and dial that extension thru the IPO.
After our contact presented it to the Executives they stated that they would like a "prettier unit preferably with Touchscreen controls".

I am at a loss for something that might fall into this category that will work with an IP Office.

Hoped maybe someone here had ideas.

AES-2000-flush(400).jpg

My initial response was essentially that. What they come up with is either a self contained unit that requires a master station and doesn't interface with the IPO or something along the lines of a A/V control panel (Crestron, etc). Clearly not an option for this application.
I told them I wasn't aware of anything like what they prefer but wanted to check just in case.

They would do better with an apartment entry system that has twenty stainless buttons. I can't imagine the survival rate of an "affordable" touchscreen out "in the wild".
Mike

Contact Neo-Wave, they are the UK distributor for the 2N Helios IP Door Units. they have a selection what connects to the IP Office via SIP. These are fully accredited to the IP office. Great look and great products.

APSS
PASMI

Aastra Accredited Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back