Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Physical Database not found" in CR8.5 in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWinkler

Programmer
Jan 17, 2003
DE
Hello everybody.

I've written an vb-app which just loads and shows a report created with Crystal report 8.5. The report itself gets his data from an as400 database.
The application runs on the Crystal-PC but on any other PC it fails as soon as I try to refresh the report and the message "Physical Database not found" follows.
I've tried the most things that where allready mentioned before in this forum like copying all C:\windows\crystal Files in the app-Path or proofing wether the ODBC-Settings for the specific driver are correct or not. But nothing seems to help at all. Could you please be so kind and help me with this problem?

Thanks a lot so far.

Dear BWinkler

If you are using a DSN to execute your reports then you need to copy the p2sodbc.dll file to the system folder and register it using the regsvr32 command else if you are directly connecting to the AS400 server (i.e with out the DSN) then you need to copy the respective dll eg: if you were to use oracle server the you would need to copy p2sora7.dll to the system folder and register the dll.

I hope this helps

Mahesh
mshetti@yahoo.com

Dear Mahesh,

I'd like to thank you for yout tip but unfortunately everytime I try to register the dll the regsvr32 shows the following error-message "C:\Windows\System32\pdsodbc.dll" is not an executeable File an there's no registry-help-file registered for this File-Type". I know you advised me to register the p2sodbc but in the database.tables- connection of the report-object the dllname is "pdsodbc.dll" so i thought this would be the right one, or is it wrong and have I to use this dll, allthough the other dll has been token?
It would be very nice if you could help me once again ;-)

Thanks so far again

BWinkler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back