Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Phantom" writing e-mail messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal217

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
US
Running OE 6.0 on XP.

Often times, my computer slows down to almost halt while keying in a message. Feels like a keyboard buffer problem, although when the characters do finally appear on the screen, they are often not at all the ones I keyed in.

Most mysterious, without even touching the mouse or keyboard, the cursor continues to scroll across page writing pieces of strange messages that I did not create.

I have checked my system for virus, but none are reported.

Strange?

Hey Hal217,

Question first, is this issue happen to any other application?

If so check you keyboard and also confirm that its setup for US style keyboard.

Also check the font make sure that you are using the standard 9 pt. arial. also under tools\options\read\ international settings button, are you on Western ISO??

Thanks
sir stox

Thanks for your response.

1. No, the "phantom" writing does not happen in other applications, only in OE 6.

2. I have checked the keyboard but cannot find any setup switch for this Dell Windows keyboard.

3. Default font setting is Arial 9 pt, as is International Setting on Western ISO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back