Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"PDOXUSERS.lck" Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We are running MIMS as a published application in Citrix on a 20 Server Terminal Server Farm. Users are receiving error messages referring to a pdoxusers.lck file located in the C:\Temp directory on the Terminal Server. This error disallows users to proceed in MIMS.

Has anybody seen this error message in a Terminal Server environment or any other environment and how did you solve this one?

I don't have an answer for you other than that this is a known problem. The Mincom help desk should be able to send you in the right direction... Glen Colbert
gcolbert@mslden.com

We used to experience this problem a lot using SmartGUI at our Nevada operations on version 3.13. Our problem was related to having existing Paradox databases for our GIS systems. We would get the lock for MIMS usersand no one could get into MIMS until the lock file was deleted.

Kevin Kellogg could probably help out.
kkel1@nevada.newmont.com

: ) Donna

There are a couple of issues with the paradox tables on Terminal Servers. Generally I set them up using a signon script which copies the paradox tables across to the user directories. This slows down the signon but speeds up the response to table queries (popups). It also gets around the paradox limit of 30 users and makes sure the user has the latest files.

Mincom do have other solutions and I would suggest you contact their helpdesk for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back