Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"... path is not valid error message"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coding

Programmer
Aug 13, 2000
CA
Does anyone know why am I getting an error message: "C:\... is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides."

Another person built forms and backend database doing it in his own computer having his account profile on a network. The path still contains his path and MS Access prompts me to have the same path as I have the same files on my own computer with different path. I tried to find out in Visual Basic design mode of my form but couldn't find any way to change the path.
Can anyone help?

Coding,

Apps should ALWAYS be designed so that if they are moved - they still work.

In the very first form that opens - look at the first line of code in design view. Toggle breakpoint on here (click the white margin to the left of the line - it'll go brown).
When you run the app - it'll stop at this line and display it.

Then press F8 to step through all lines until you get the error message - that's your problem line.

ATB

Darrylle

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back