Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Output Options" won't allow saving as PS file anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grafixgurl

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
US
Suddenly, my Quark 6 (Mac OSX) program stopped allowing me to 1) Select Adobe PDF as a Printer Option in both the Page Setup tab and Printer Tab, and in the Printer Tab, I can no longer go to the Output Options and save as a Postscript file. Its greyed out. I prefer making my pdf's this way, as it allows the most control. Now, I have to save each page as an .eps and go to Acrobat 6 to have it distill the .eps page into a .pdf. This will cause me problems with multi-page documents. And I can't Export to .pdf because I keep getting a dialog box which says I have to select a laserwriter 7 printer. I don't have that - I have an Epson C82. Anyone follow this?

You need to establish a postscript printer in print center.

from the Mac help center...

["Adding a "virtual" PostScript printer

When you save a document as a PostScript file, choose "localhost" from the Printer pop-up menu in the Print dialog.

Open Print Center and choose Add Printer from the Printers menu, then choose IP Printing from the pop-up menu.

Type "localhost" (without quotation marks) in the Printer's Address text box. To give the printer a name that's easier to recognize, deselect the "Use default queue on Server" checkbox and type a name in the Queue Name text box.

Choose the item appropriate for your printer from the Printer Model pop-up menu, then select your printer in the Model list. Select a printer with features you want to use when creating PostScript files.

Click Add

When you save a document as a PostScript file, choose "localhost" from the Printer pop-up menu in the Print dialog.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back