Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Operation is not permitted" error when attempting to SAVE A COPY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctwilliams

Programmer
Feb 15, 2002
US
I recently upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0. When I click on a PDF link in Internet Explorer, the PDF file opens up. But when I select File -> Save a Copy and then navigate to the diretory where I want to save the file, I get this error:

"The document could not be saved. This operation is not permitted."

I'm also noticing that in the title bar of my PDF document it says "Linked File".

Apparently this is a "bug" in version 6.0. Here is the only workaround I've been able to find:

1. From the Adobe Acrobat Reader menu, select Edit -> Preferences.

2. In the "Internet" Section, place a check mark next

3. to "Display PDF in Browser" and click OK.

4. Close Adobe Acrobat Reader, along with the file you are trying to save.

5. Re-open the PDF file.

6. Save a copy of the file by clicking on the "Save a Copy" button on the Adobe Reader toolbar.

I'm dealing with the same problem and the preferences mentioned above do work for the currently logged-on user. My problem is that I have 200 students with their own logons and I need to find a way to set Acrobat preferences for anyone who logs into a PC.

Jake Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back