Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"normal access to mailbox not available"

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2005
US
I keep getting this greeting, "I'm sorry normal access to your mailbox is not availble, to review messages left by callers press 1, to disconnect press *" immediately after I input my password. This is happening only on this one mailbox no matter how mnany times I delete it and re-establish it. Any ideas anyone?

Sounds like maybe some sort of corruption. when you remove the mailbox, are you running a mailbox audit?

What are you using for the store ? MSS or Exchange? Also you should not remove a mailbox and then put it right back in unless you wait 5 mins or so. That way the FEDB can catch up.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I would say you probably need to get an mss re index carried out.

Just to close this out for all - anytime you get the message 'normasl access to mailbox is unavailable at this time', insure that a re-boot has been done in the recommended time frame on both the MSS and MAS; otherwise you may be doing a database reconciliation from UNIX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back