Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"no media in drive" and restarting does not help

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoc6

Technical User
Jun 18, 2002
US
I have be running arcserve with NT 4.0 and an HP SureStore 20GB tape drive for over a year with no problems. The device HP SureStore is now not recognizing any media that is placed in the drive. Restarting the server does not fix the problem. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Also, when I modify the only backup job I have set up and then run it, I get an error message stating that there is another backup job already using the specified media pool.
The only job using the media pool is the job I am currently modifying. Is this just a quirk in ARCserve or is something else going on.

Thanks, Enoch

Have you tried a cleaning tape and does it help? Could it be a faulty drive - do you have another drive yu could swap with? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Yes I have cleaned the tape. The original tapes are a bit old so I even tried using a brand new tape. I still get "no media in drive". I suppose the drive could have gone bad but I don't have an extra drive to swap to see if the problem stems from the drive or ARCserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back