Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"no line selected ??" when I pick up the receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipereyes

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
US
Hi, I am not a programmer but I thought I was. I’m hoping that somebody can help.

I have a M7310 phone. I inadvertently changed a setting and I can’t figure out what I did. Before, when I picked up the receiver to make a call, it automatically gave me a dial tone and I could hit “9” “7” to get an outside line, and then dial my number/extension. Or I could pick up the receiver and hit one of my preprogrammed memory buttons (I programmed the “9” “7” into each memory button).

Now, when I pick up the receiver, there is only silence and the display says “no line selected”. So I have to first hit one of the intercom buttons, which gives me a dial tone and then dial “9” “7” and the number or extension I want. However, none of my preprogrammed numbers or my speed dial numbers work even if I select a line. The display always reads, “Select a line”. Can somebody tell me what I did?

Have you looked at your Prime Line under line assignment for the set. this is in Terminal and Sets. You can assign it to a Line, IC or a Line Pool.

KDB

That was it! My prime line was set to None and I changed it (back) to I/C. Thanks so much for your help.

Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back