Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"No Answer" message with NetZero

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlikvan

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
US
I have a generic laptop running a Megahertz PCMCIA 33bps modem. I've loaded NetZero software to connect to that service, but whenever I dial the local numbers (it tries 8 different ones) I hear a dial tone, the numbers dialing and then nothing. I then get a "no answer" message. If I call the numbers with a regular phone I hear the modem pick up at the other end. If I use the modem to dial another phone is my house, it rings the phone. I've turned off the "time out" parameter on the modem, but it still won't connect. Once in a great many tries I'll hear part of a ring or a busy signal, but most times after hearing the dial, I hear nothing, then I get the error message. I've got an account with them. I've used the ID and password to sign into their site. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back