Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"No answer" greeting not picking up - Panasonic TVS75 & D816

Status
Not open for further replies.

masskids

Technical User
Aug 13, 2014
US
Hi! My organization has a Panasonic D816 Digital Super Hybrid System and a Panasonic TVS75 Voice Processing System and have had it for a while - just recently for one of the lines on the system the voice messaging stopped working. For someone calling in to that extension the line just continues to ring and the "no answer" greeting never picks up. If there is someone at the desk they can pick up the line no problem but that obviously defeats the purpose of the answering system. I've tried a couple things but so far no luck:
I thought maybe the date/time was off and the system was using the 'after hours' greeting, which hadn't been recorded but after I created one it still never stopped ringing.
I also thought maybe it was an issue of a failed call forwarding set-up (I tried setting it up but wasn't able to get it to work) but I followed the directions in the manual (I'm using this one: on page 2-46 and got the tone that I was supposed to, both when I originally tried to set it up, failed and cancelled, plus just yesterday when I was checking whether that was the issue and punched in the "cancel" buttons.
I'm not sure what else to try in fixing the issue (one of several) and I'm not confident enough with the system to just reset the whole thing yet. Another factor is the fact that I simply don't know where to go to for professional help. Any feedback, suggestions, insight would be helpful - I appreciate your time!

To call forward extension to voicemail or any other extension

Lift handset press intercom,

Press: FWD/DND button, followed by

2) all calls
3) busy
4) no answer
5) busy / no answer

extension number of voicemail : 165

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor