Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"No ActiveX license" error when moving from 2002 to 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairwormman

Programmer
Dec 9, 2003
US
Y'all:
I have written an Access DB in Access 2002. Now, we bought 2 new laptops (which have Access 2003), I split the DB, and want to have DB run on all 3 PC's. It works flawlessly in 2002. However, When I try to run certain macros in 2003 (for examples to change the setting on visibility of a form) I get the following error:
"You don't have the license required to use this ActiveX control.
You tried to open a form containing an OLE or an ActiveX control or you tried to create an ActiveX control.
To obtain appropriate license, contact the company that provides the licensed OLE object or ActiveX control."
Now, I have searched through this forum and found that most suggestions are that a reinstall of Access is necessary. But, this fails on both laptops, purchased several months apart; one with Access 2003 preinstalled, the other came with 2002, then upgraded to 2003. So, I do not think that files are missing.
Any help you could give me to resolve this issue would make me exceedingly happy!!

Thanks...Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back