Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Next Record" button not advancing through subform records

Status
Not open for further replies.

a98dsu98sad8sua

Technical User
Apr 5, 2005
CA
Hi,

I have a form, with 8 subforms on, all linked to seperate tables, related by a shared foriegn key (The key is the primary key of my main form)

If I create a button to advance records, or use the record selectors at the bottom, it only repopulates the data in my main form, the subforms remain blank.

Surely they should populate? Any help greatly appreaciated.

Thanks,

Toby

Do you have link master and child fields set up correctly in each subform?

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Hi

My Primary key is 'pk' in the Vehicles table (My main form is based off of this table, and I have named it PkCarID as the foriegn key in other tables,

The relationships are all set up too :( I don't understand why it's not working, but the parent/child relationships seem ok to me.

Do you mean the relationships as in the relationships between the tables or do you mean the Link Master/Child fields in the property tables of each subform with the main form?

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back