Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"my computer" tries to open in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

joatsaint

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
US
If anyone has run across this, I'd appreciate if you'd pass me the solution.

I am a new admin for our Citrix server and basically got thrown into the middle of it with no training or background in Citrix, so I am a total newbie. I have a situation where if you "open" "my computer", it tries to open with Internet Explorer and goes into a loop of IE opening and closing. And logging off is the only way to stop the loop.

Using "explore" to open "my computer" works fine.

And it seems that this is only happening to users who access the server through the Citrix Metaframe interface. Users accessing the server through Remote Desktop do not have this issue - as long as they have never used the Metaframe interface. If they have ever logged in through the Metaframe, they have the IE problem with both Metaframe and RDP.

hi,
have a look in AD User and Computer and see if such users
are under special OU. Try to create a new user (utest1), and put it out of any OU, in Users, and try what happens.

May exist Group Policy that prohibit use of Explorer or limit.

bye
vic

Its not a file associations thing? MyComputer or whatever it is associated with Iexplorer.exe instead of explorer.exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back