Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"MPT Rom installed successfully", then it hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveliz99

Technical User
Jan 1, 2009
US
I have a Dell 650 Workstation that I bought used. I use it primarily as a controller for a CNC controlled router that I built in my garage. While using the CNC Router tonight, I ran into a problem with the router, and went to fix it. When I returned to my computer, it had the "Windows is shutting down" screen and appeared to be frozen. I turned the computer off, and back on again. It appeared to be booting normally, then got to a point where it said something like, "MPT Rom installed successfully", and it would not move past that point. I rebooted several times, and it never went past this point. I have no idea what to do. I would sincerely appreciate any help anyone could give.

Dave

Does it give you an option to hit F1 or F2? Does it try and boot but cannot? Or does it simply hang? Can you try and press F1 at this point? I am not too familiar with this particular system, but is it a separate RAID controller? If it is onboard, that may be the problem (RAID controller)...

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back