Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Module Not Found" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDGarth

Technical User
Aug 5, 2000
US
I've got a form with a few command buttons on them that were working fine. All of a sudden, when I click one of the buttons, nothing happens (at least sometimes). The code behind one button is just "DoCmd.Close", and that doesn't even work.

If I go into design view and try to look at the code, sometimes it will let me, and other times I get the "Module Not Found" error.

There is no module involved - in fact, when this happens I can't even get into a blank code window in that form.

As far as I can tell, it's just the one form. I copied the whole database, ran compact & repair, but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Hi, I ran into 'module not found' once when an uncompiled db was running on a server that ran out of space. I created a new db and imported everything from the problem db into it. That took care of the problem.

Hope that helps.

I fixed the problem, I guess......

I noticed the problem didn't happen when I opened the form from the database window - only when I opened it from my main menu form.

I deleted the command button that opened the form with the problem, then recreated it exactly the same way - no problem. I still have no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back