Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Memory read/stop" errors while playing graphical games...like quake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocker838

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2001
US
I have an ASUS Av7133 MOBO, with 1 module of 256 PC-133 RAM, and a Diamond Viper AGP 4x (i think) TNT2 ultra (i think ultra, pretty sure) vid card with 32MB on board RAM, i am running win 2k pro SP1, with directX 8.0a and the detenator 3 video drivers. also i flashed to my latest BIOS drivers, like v4 something...

Usually my CPU runs awesome but when i play Quake 3, or sometimes on baldurs gate 2, i get memory read errors, or my system will reboot, only reboots because i have it set to reboot if theres a stop error, i recently switched it not to reboot, anyway, i get stop errors, and the game will crash, just a tad annoying, but only happens in game, not in windows or word or anything...knock on wood...also i have a PCI creative 128 sound card in my machine, and in the DXDiag when i load it up i get a message saying:

"Error: Problem getting extra sound info, result code=0x8878000a(the request failed because DirectSound resources, such as the priority level, were already in use by another caller)"

i am not sure about this one, my MOBO has onboard sound, but i thought i shut it off in the BIOS...there r no jumpers on the board itself btw...so if anyone cant help me out a little i would be much abliged...i know that win 2k is famous for its video card bumbles, but anyway, thanks in advance. "Less work more network" (HP) -- its so catchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back