Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Memory Full" Error in Report Viewer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snwill

MIS
Jan 22, 2002
US
I am trying to adapt predesigned reports as templates on separate computers with local Oracle databases with the same schema. These are called up through a VB6 app which passes the parameters to filter the SQL queries upon which the report is based. Some work, but others which are virtually identical return a memory full error once the report viewer has loaded and tries to access the template.
Anyone experienced this? I hope I am overlooking something obvious.
Thanks for any help.
Spiro

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am also getting the out of memory error after CR finishes counting records. I am using views with oracle database to run reports on. If anyone knows the answer please let me know.

Yes, the solution involves setting all objects to nothing before each use. I had some reports with subreports which not only required the report to be set to nothing, but all other objects opened to allow information to be passed to the subreport to be set to nothing before any iteration of the report is viewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back