Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Insufficient Disk Space" error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyMcGuire

Programmer
Aug 17, 2004
US
If you've seen this error, likely it is the 'multiples of 4GB' error.

That problem is with the BDE.

Rick Kelly has a dll that fixes this.

You have to make some small changes, but there are instructions to walk you thru them.

Rick Rans has put together the files and instructions needed at

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

I haven't dealt with this lately, but it's a recurrent Paradox annoyance. Thanks for the information. I am going to see if it fixes the 'number out of sync' (or something like that) error. Somewhere under my name thre are other fixes to the solution, only one provided by me, but they all work for different variations.

Thanks. I am downloading it.

I am trying this right now, but I think it hasn't worked. The patch does alter IDAPI32, but the test shows the process to have been unsuccessful.

BDEKER32.dll is in both system and system32 folders. Any thoughts? This is Paradox 8, by the way.

(It's P8. I have 10, but I run into some conflicts with it)

You probably need to read any documentation that came with that 'fix', but I think it is for BDE 5.X (note the 'Next, I believe, is support for older versions of the BDE' statement in my second post).

You can still upgrade the BDE to 5, and keep Paradox 8.

Tony McGuire

How?

And let me add, I use 8 at the office for a few reasons, and I use 10 at my home office. The disk space and apparently related bad integer (or something like that) errors only appear in 8. This may be something solved by 10, or it may be that the other computer does not have as many programs related to it.

It is NOT related to Paradox 8 or Paradox 10.

It is the BDE, and all versions have the same issue.

The issue is about FREE space, not size of disk.

In 4GB multiples, when you get close to a 4GB 'barrier' the BDE will report the space left to that next 4GB barrier.

As to updating the BDE:

From the BDE group on Borlands newsgroups:

Installing the BDE Information Utility at does a full install of BDE 5.2.

Tony McGuire

In 4GB multiples, when you get close to a 4GB 'barrier' the BDE will report the space left to that next 4GB barrier."

I should have continued.

If that space left to the next 4GB barrier is less than the BDE needs for the current operation then you will get the 'insufficient disk space' error.

Tony McGuire

I'll try it. Thanks.

Thank you for the app. I have version 5.2.02
I suspect you mentioned this some time ago and I followed your suggestions. At any rate whatever is ailing the program on the P8 desktop is not BDE.

At any rate whatever is ailing the program on the P8 desktop is not BDE"

If it is 'insufficient disk space', then it is the BDE.

That, or you really don't have enough space, either on the drive :pRIV: is located on or the drive TEMP is set to.

Tony McGuire

I have about 70 gb extra space. Ought to do it. You're the expert, but if 5.2+ is installed and the disk space errors persist on this machine??

5.2 does NOT fix the disk space issue.

That patch program I talked about, applied to 5.2 SHOULD fix the issue.

Tony McGuire

The patch didn't work. It's not a great problem. I don't restructure a lot, and I can just transfer to the other machine to do it. I do a lot of work on machine 2, so it's only a question of minutes. These are great points, they just don't seem to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back