Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Installshield wizard completed-The wizard was interrupted"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethald50

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
US
When attempting to install Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition 7.61 Client on several machines, I have run into some problems that have not been resolved by the documented workarounds and/or knowledge base articles. The Symantec Knowledge base Document ID:2000112210142548 best describes the situation. The error comes when installing the software. The installation wizard begins as a normal installation then stops abruptly with an error message that states, “Installshield Wizard completed – The wizard was interrupted before Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.” I have tried all suggestions from that article but none of the solutions have resolved the problem. Here is a description of one of my machines:

Hardware:
Compaq Proliant 1600r
Dual Processor 400mhz
576Mb Ram

Software:
Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a (WINS server)
Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2
Norton Antivirus 5.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you find a solution to this? I have the same problem? Thanks, Sebe

I had this problem with 2 machines. The installation had a problem with files that were named Program*.???. The installation program searches for the c:\Program Files\ folder within your environment path. I happened to have a file name Program.txt in the root of C:. When it saw this file, it did not go any further to search c:\Program Files\ and failed. The second installation was a permission problem. Where I found the problem was not addressed in the troubleshooting documentation from Symantec (Document ID: 2001121110570348). The documentation says to check the permissions for (drive:)\Program Files\Common Files. However, the problem was another level below that folder in (drive:)\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared. Although the account I was using had "full control" permissions on that folder, the Everyone group only had "read" permissions. After I changed the Everyone group to "full control", the software installed with no problems at all. Symantec is aware of this and should hopefully update thier documentation. I hope this helps

Ck out the following, fixed my problem. Somehow the security for dcom got corrupted.
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 295278

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back