Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Hidden" Field Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

IForgot

Programmer
Mar 20, 2002
US
I also posted this question on the Informix 4GL forum since I was not sure where I might have the best luck in finding an answer. I apologize in advance for the duplicity.

================================
I have a VFP7 application which uses Remote Views (a utilization of ODBC) to access data within a Informix database running on a Linux box. For the most part the Remote Views work well.

However there are a few Informix tables which have a field (rowid) in it which is "hidden". While all the other fields show up, this "hidden" field will not appear within the Remote View designer.

Within the "native" system Linux box if you perform a "normal" SQL query such as:
SELECT * FROM MyTable
on one of these tables, its results will also NOT display this "hidden" field (rowid).

But if you specifically include the field within the query such as:
SELECT rowid FROM MyTable
or
SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE rowid = 10
the field (rowid) and its contents will appear as part of the query results.

I am hoping that one of you Informix gurus can explain what is going on to prevent my ODBC connection from even "seeing" the field and returning a value.

Thanks,
I_Forgot

I'm afraid if you want to get Table.ROWID you have to do a Passthru Query.

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back