Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Form to Form" or "Form to Subform"

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormRyder

Programmer
Sep 7, 2003
US
I am looking for help in setting up navigation in a db. I have a table with two fields, EntryID and System. These are entered on Form1. No problem so far however here is where I'm stuck.

I need to transfer the EntryID to another table and that table needs to be selected based on what is in the System control on Form1. I have added a field to the System table whose data corresponds with the name of the table that needs to be selected. Once the correct table is selected the second form will be used to put in a description of a failure.

My questions are:

Do I have to open another form (Form2) with a button from Form1?

Or is it possible to make visible a subform on Form1 after the System is selected and have it reference the correct System table?

Lastly how can I get the EntryID from Form1 to the correct System Table?

I'm not to good with code syntax yet and strings are giving me fits. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back