Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"for xml raw" results being truncated

Status
Not open for further replies.

candle1112

Programmer
Nov 1, 2002
US
The results of all my "for xml raw" queries in sql server 2000 are all being truncated at a certain length. I can't use the other for xml modes (ie. auto) because I'm using group bys in my queries.
Is there any way to increase the length of resuts so sql server doesn't truncate the resulting row?

Where are the results being truncated? Query Analyzer's buffer will truncate them if you don't increase the settings. Using ADO or ADO.Net should not truncate them, especially if you load them directly into a SAX object or DOM. There isn't a defined maximum resultset size for SQL 2000.

James :) James Culshaw
james@miniaturereview.co.uk

culshaja,
Ahh, I was outputting to Query Analyzer where I test all my queries. So I should be fine if I don't go through Query Analyzer, I'll try outputting with a different method and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back