Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"find" processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooooo

Systems Engineer
Jul 18, 2018
CA
Hi Guys,

I'm having performance issues on a server (AIX 7.1). And I found there're some "find" processes using lot CPU. But I couldn't find where the processes from.

root 35651682 1 15 04:15:18 - 11:24 find / -fstype nfs -prune -o ( -nouser -o -nogroup ) -ls

Anyway I can find out where it is from?

Thanks,

Pick a day when the system is quite inactive and (as root) change the permissions on find to 700 (make a note of what they are before you chmod the file). Watch for any jobs that fail. If that doesn't work, it's root that is using it. Change the permissions back to what they were before. Next non-busy day (Sun afternoons?) change the permissions to 000. Watch for "root" processes that fail. Very dirty way to do things, but it works.

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

@iggsterman: Ummm, don't you have a test environment? Or is production all there is?

advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Most IT shops have a test environment. Very risky not to have one. Some also have a development environment. ALWAYS test first in the test environment. Sorry for not being clear. Do not modify anything that is untested in a production environment. No matter how much pressure you are under to get the system "back up and running".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back